Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Poll: Should there be penalties for abuse of the increased reputation points afforded to holders of special username item(s)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
54.22%
45 54.22%
No
45.78%
38 45.78%
Total 83 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[POLL] Special Username Items - Reputation Regulation and Abuse Prevention

by Ping - 30 July, 2022 - 08:01 AM
This post is by a banned member (HorizonMP) - Unhide
HorizonMP  
Dreams
Threads
3 Years of service
Why focus on the people with username items? Most of the rep abuse happens by normal users. The rep system should be strict all together for everyone. Not only for people that have username items.

This post is by a banned member (Valkery) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Shelby) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (HorizonMP) - Unhide
HorizonMP  
Dreams
Threads
3 Years of service
I asked @KSZ whats the core of this poll and he answered me this:
[Image: unknown.png]

-Rep4Rep
This is a problem that is and can be abused by everyone in this community. It doesnt matter if the user has a crown or is supreme. As you may have seen in the post made by @Dey1337.

-Gang neg rep
The same thing applies here. Gang repping is and can be done by everyone in the community. Regardless of their rep power. 

-Conclusion
Basing on these 2 points that @KSZ brought up. It seems like the problem is how reputation is given in general. Not only by people with username items. Therefor there should a poll made to make the penalties more severe in general. Not just for users with more rep power.

This post is by a banned member (Refunding) - Unhide
Refunding  
Refund God
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 30 July, 2022 - 04:14 PM by Refunding.)
I’ll be honest if someone spend 1.2k euro on a crown I’d expect them to be able to neg rep as much as a normal user.

Why should we be punished for basically financing the forum

Just to clarify on my previous comment I’m not saying I expect people who pay more to have more privileges but paying more and having LESS privileges is outrageous and defeat the purpose of buying the items.
[Image: HGqVOqh.gif]
[Image: DGlflMl.gif]

This post is by a banned member (PrinceSalman) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 30 July, 2022 - 05:42 PM by PrinceSalman. Edited 3 times in total.)
If you really wanted to impact rep system, it would have to take on a HF style implementation.

Meaning contracts, as for new users and greynames they don't understand the current state of rep inflation.

And the vouch button is so small, and only applicable to threads. This makes it much much harder to gain vouches even if you aquire a lot of sales.

Vouches in my eyes are more valuable to knowledgeable users because they are much harder to get, but for the average buyer they wouldn't even know the difference as someone can make thousands $ in sales and not even have a vouch on their thread, as you basically have to directly instruct someone on the vouch button or else it's basically invisible in the current system.

Just my small opinion. I do give out rep to users I don't particularly know very well, a lot of time its just for small interactions in shoutbox.
But in the large scheme of things my +24 or whatever is nothing to an inflated 700 rep user who hasn't really even sold anything before.

But this is basically how the whole rep system works for every single user.

MY PGP
VERIFY MY IDENTITY BEFORE DOING BUSINESS
This post is by a banned member (Momonga) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Refunding) - Unhide
Refunding  
Refund God
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 09 August, 2022 - 01:35 PM by Refunding. Edited 1 time in total.)
https://cracked.io/Thread-Appeal-to-ban-Murphy
https://cracked.io/Thread-snitching-on-M...ang-rep-me
https://cracked.io/Thread-Murphy-angry-boy-childish

You'd think after 3 people made thread in the last week alone regarding Murphy blatant rep abuse and toxicity that something would have been done about it.

@KSZ @Ping Why is it that the worst rep abuser in the forum didn't even pay for his username items. I can't understand @KSZ why you'd let him have it while he's using it rampage the rep system thanks to your generosity. 

I do understand that people always complain that "paid user" are given special rights but why is that one free user apparently not affected by cracked.io rules? Murphy by himself has caused more drama regarding rep than all custom UG user combined yet after many complaint by the community he's still not punished.

@Liars Please look at his given reputation log https://cracked.io/reputation.php?action...id=1563926 and tell me how this can be considered anything BUT abuse and why aren't the rule being enforced. It's not like staff don't know, they do. Beside @Quessts and @winter I have personally contacted every single staff member and each time I'm told "they'll look into it" and then nothing is made. I'm not asking to be treated differently but what's the point for cracked.io to have rules if some people are evidently not affected by them.
[Image: HGqVOqh.gif]
[Image: DGlflMl.gif]