Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Solution for rep abuse and rep4rep

by Dey - 11 August, 2022 - 09:21 PM
This post is by a banned member (Dey) - Unhide
Dey  
Galactic
Threads
4 Years of service
Keeping it short, replace the warn thing with a simple trust factor system. Let me explain with more details : 
  • warns are useless, why ? Reporting someone is seen as useless when there are abuses every day in sb and mods would just warn someone for a rep abuse considering it not important enough. What do we solve with this ? People will have 4 warnings , their rep will not be removed sometimes and the next day we repeat the story
  • a trust factor system model would be like this : everyone has 100% trust factor by default. When you see someone doing rep4rep / f5 for f5 on SB or abuse someone for no reason , you report them and mods , instead of warning them , will actually remove , let's say 20% ( think about numbers yourself ) from their trust factor.
  • quick math : 80% trust factor = 80% rep power. This can go either way , giving positive and negative rep AND receiving ( only ) positive rep. 
  • real life quick example : User @Zeyrox gets a business, buys crown and now threatens someone with neg rep or gang neg rep cuz he feels like a god. Someone reports that, he gets -20% trust factor , he can only use 80% of his total 17 rep power, which is like 14 now. bUt tHiS dEfeAtS thE PurPosE oF tHe ItEm and uh uh ... stfu. He still has most of his rep power. His item is not useless , but will be, FOR SOME TIME ,  if he is still abusing it. Nobody should be immune to rules. This does not kill the item rep power, but gives everyone a reason to not be clowns.
  • real life quick example 2 : Supreme user IDontGiveName spams in SB everyone with kisses and asks for rep 36 times / day. You report him 3 times for that, about -60% rep power and now a begger supreme member has 2 or 3 rep power. Is that fair ? If you ask me yes , at least people will spam less or will not ask for rep4rep in sb with no shame at all. He will get his power back in some time and maybe he will consider his decisions seeing some actual problems.
  • problem 1 by @Spongebob : what if they will just want to bypass that like in csgo ? Making new accounts is useless , but they can always just beg or trade in private. We can't tell that, but at least this system will encourage everyone to report skids and abusive behavior and make SB a better looking place.
  • final notes : I haven't seen any actual solution on this subject or anyone giving better ideas on this problems. If you want to contribute on my trust factor model I am always open to suggestions and opinions.
[Image: banner.gif]
[Image: blueSig.gif]
This post is by a banned member (IHM) - Unhide
IHM  
Galactic
Threads
2 Years of service
bad suggestion
[Image: SPADONE-CC-Signature-Design.gif]
TopG - 1 MAY

[Image: IMG-5026.gif]
MoesRefunds - 11 MAY

[Image: CdV5ufx.gif]
Amplifysmm - 29 APR
This post is by a banned member (JUKELA) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Aether) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (SwissCheese4) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Platus69) - Unhide
Platus69  
Supreme
Threads
2 Years of service
Is good suggest 
i wouldnt be able to -rep white members any more
Mad
This post is by a banned member (BusinessOnly) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
(This post was last modified: 12 August, 2022 - 12:56 AM by BusinessOnly. Edited 1 time in total.)
So a bit confused on the other systems/i dont think is really needed?  no offense ofc anyways what I do highly agree on is rep being removed so I like that staff is very good at removing unfair negative reps BUT when its removed the person still just goes back to your profile and leaves the negative rep again.  So with that being said I think a system needs to be in place that if it detects that a moderator removed a rep on the person's profile then that guy is no longer able to rep the person in general (i think this would be a good idea and provide less work for staff to re-delete the neg reps that they deleted previously).

Just pinging @Liars and @Darkness for visibility and if you guys wanna join in on this/give feedback/ and I'm really sorry for the ping just wanna let you guys know you do great work here and I think this idea I mentioned would save you guys time and messages <3

Also pinging @Ping for the reasons above too (srry for the ping ofc <3)
This post is by a banned member (Dey) - Unhide
Dey  
Galactic
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 August, 2022 - 12:54 AM)BusinessOnly Wrote: Show More
So a bit confused on the other systems/i dont think is really needed?  no offense ofc anyways what I do highly agree on is rep being removed so I like that staff is very good at removing unfair negative reps BUT when its removed the person still just goes back to your profile and leaves the negative rep again.  So with that being said I think a system needs to be in place that if it detects that a moderator removed a rep on the person's profile then that guy is no longer able to rep the person in general (i think this would be a good idea and provide less work for staff to re-delete the neg reps that they deleted previously).

Just pinging @Liars and @Darkness for visibility and if you guys wanna join in on this/give feedback/ and I'm really sorry for the ping just wanna let you guys know you do great work here and I think this idea I mentioned would save you guys time and messages <3

Also pinging @Ping for the reasons above too (srry for the ping ofc <3)

I think people should still be able to rep someone after mods remove their rep once and lower the trust factor. If they do , but with proof this time I see no problem there. Even if you just don't like a member , if you take a ss of them wasting your time besides writing "retarded time waster" it's a good enough reason to keep that rep. If that second person ,the time waster , decides to rep back he should have arguments and proof as well , not just rep to have revenge.
[Image: banner.gif]
[Image: blueSig.gif]