Police arrested a CNN crew broadcasting live from the US city of Minneapolis early on Friday amid growing unrest over the death of George Floyd, a black man who died at the hands of law enforcement.
The network posted footage of journalist Omar Jimenez, who is black, speaking calmly to police with batons and riot helmets, then being handcuffed and taken away.
"Do you mind telling me why I am under arrest, sir?" Mr  Jimenez is heard saying. "Why am I under arrest, sir?" 
No answer was audible.
The camera the team was operating was also taken into custody and continued to record as the crew was arrested.
The crew was released a short time later.
Prior to trio's release, CNN tweeted a statement in which it said the crew's arrests were "a clear violation of their First Amendment rights".
"A CNN reporter & his production team were arrested this morning in Minneapolis for doing their jobs, despite identifying themselves - a clear violation of their First Amendment rights. The authorities in Minnesota, incl. the Governor, must release the 3 CNN employees immediately," the broadcaster wrote in a tweet.   

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5111390]