Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Are people better now at lower ELO than seasons past

by mless - 25 May, 2024 - 10:34 AM
This post is by a banned member (mless) - Unhide
mless  
Registered
Threads
I've been playing since about season 3. I've never really been good but always able to get silver, pretty easy, and sometimes climb to gold. The past 2 seasons the people in bronze are all of a sudden so much better at the game than I've ever noticed. For the first time in my LoL career or 10 years I struggle to get to silver. I fight for it like I used to get to gold. I used to be that if you played well, it was almost guarantee that you could out play the people in bronze (with some exceptions). Low bronze especially just felt easy. Now, the people in bronze feel like (about) who I'd face in low gold in seasons past. Has anyone else noticed this?
This post is by a banned member (jewmunchr) - Unhide
jewmunchr  
Registered
Threads
firstly, its still early into the midseason ranked reset, and ive been struggling quite a bit as well. THIS IS QUITE NORMAL. though your post does have merit. league is such an old game now that even the worst players at the game are decently skilled. still, there are many issues that can be exploited to gain a lead and ultimately win more (I had roughly an 80% wr on my main champions during the last ranked split). the main ones I see are with landing specifically, players gold and below tend to be playing too aggressive and throwing leads, not doing enough with individual leads to get their mentally retarded teammates gold etc. up until low gold most players still don't understand how to play waves etc. although its not what you asked for in your post. if you are struggling in super low elo id try my approach to games based off of what ive observed from Coach Curtis and a few other decent resources. just play one champ (in my case im a katarina onetrick), minimize risky plays (not every gank / low health enemy has to be a kill), dont force yourself to do stupid shit to prevent your team from tilting (ie you have no lane prio and your jungler intends on contesting scuttle do not fucking go unless you lose NOTHING). league is NOT a hard game but it can be challenging especially when the 14 yo pisslows arent as bad as they used to. if you are seriously struggling to climb and it doesn't get much better as the season progresses id look into a few youtube channels. those being: CoachCurtis (oce challenger mid with a league improvement podcast), his podcast BrokenByConcept, and Shok. if you play another role, or have any questions for me feel free to reply
Recovering Leecher [Image: pepe.gif]
Email Telegram

[Image: giphy.gif]
This post is by a banned member (mless) - Unhide
mless  
Registered
Threads
(25 May, 2024 - 10:34 AM)mless Wrote: Show More
I've been playing since about season 3. I've never really been good but always able to get silver, pretty easy, and sometimes climb to gold. The past 2 seasons the people in bronze are all of a sudden so much better at the game than I've ever noticed. For the first time in my LoL career or 10 years I struggle to get to silver. I fight for it like I used to get to gold. I used to be that if you played well, it was almost guarantee that you could out play the people in bronze (with some exceptions). Low bronze especially just felt easy. Now, the people in bronze feel like (about) who I'd face in low gold in seasons past. Has anyone else noticed this? <!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254  

I got this,...