Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Be absolutely anoym

by Hydra32 - 30 July, 2022 - 08:38 PM
This post is by a banned member (Hydra32) - Unhide
Hydra32  
Supreme
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 30 July, 2022 - 10:12 PM by Hydra32.)
(30 July, 2022 - 09:41 PM)yossarian1 Wrote: Show More
(30 July, 2022 - 09:18 PM)Hydra32 Wrote: Show More
(30 July, 2022 - 08:43 PM)yossarian1 Wrote: Show More
For complete anonymity, you would want to route your traffic through tor. So run torchains on a linux distribution. So your connection should look something like:

Host OS (Linux) --> Tor -->  RDP/VM with a proxy

Will it also make the entire Linux system anonymous via Tor, i.e. also connect to an RDP?

No it wont make the entire system go through tor, only the app you launch with proxychains through terminal, like you have to type "proxychains remmina" to run the RDP client via tor, likewise "proxychains firefox" if u want to run firefox through tor etc
Thank you. I had thought of using a VPN on my main system and Kali Linux via VM. Is that a good idea?

(30 July, 2022 - 09:08 PM)Creaccyou Wrote: Show More
(30 July, 2022 - 08:57 PM)Hydra32 Wrote: Show More
(30 July, 2022 - 08:43 PM)yossarian1 Wrote: Show More
For complete anonymity, you would want to route your traffic through tor. So run torchains on a linux distribution. So your connection should look something like:

Host OS (Linux) --> Tor -->  RDP/VM with a proxy

Thank you that helps me! +rep for you

ofc this is up to discussion, but I would not simply rely on TOR:
 "Several court cases have shown that illegal activities on the dark web can sometimes be traced back to specific individuals using Tor browser. Hence, it seems possible to discover and collect a user’s data — including their IP address — even when they are being protected by Tor.
In the past, Tor users have been found out because the National Security Agency (NSA) in the U.S. owned a huge part of the Tor nodes. The NSA could clearly see who used those nodes. This was problematic for users who concern themselves with illegal practices. The moment those users are identifiable, the police can track them down and arrest them.
Tor is no longer as safe as it once was. Hackers constantly attempt to breach Tor’s security. Many groups, organizations, and individuals want access to the information Tor browser is hiding and try to get that time and again.
In 2014, one group of researchers succeeded. Financed by the government, they took a closer look at Tor browser and were able to collect information from the browser for months on end.
Weaknesses in the Tor software can surface in less compromising ways, as well: in 2017, users found a leak that could easily make IP addresses of Linux and macOS users visible.
Of course, Tor didn’t sit around to watch all this happen: whenever a possible leak in the system was discovered, those leaks were patched as soon as possible.
However, in February 2021, researchers reported that about 27% of Tor’s exit nodes (shown in the infographic above) were controlled by a malicious actor tracking users’ dark web activity. So it’s important to note that Tor is not completely safe and anonymous, and does have some inherent risks."

Complete article:
https://vpnoverview.com/privacy/anonymou...-tor-safe/

Thanks for the help and warnings. Will +rep you in 24h
This post is by a banned member (petarjebivetar) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (D_M_T) - Unhide
D_M_T  
Contributor
Threads
2 Years of service
(30 July, 2022 - 10:10 PM)Hydra32 Wrote: Show More
Will it also make the entire Linux system anonymous via Tor, i.e. also connect to an RDP?

No it wont make the entire system go through tor, only the app you launch with proxychains through terminal, like you have to type "proxychains remmina" to run the RDP client via tor, likewise "proxychains firefox" if u want to run firefox through tor etc
Thank you. I had thought of using a VPN on my main system and Kali Linux via VM. Is that a good idea?

"Several court cases have shown that illegal activities on the dark web can sometimes be traced back to specific individuals using Tor browser. Hence, it seems possible to discover and collect a user’s data — including their IP address — even when they are being protected by Tor.
In the past, Tor users have been found out because the National Security Agency (NSA) in the U.S. owned a huge part of the Tor nodes. The NSA could clearly see who used those nodes. This was problematic for users who concern themselves with illegal practices. The moment those users are identifiable, the police can track them down and arrest them.
Tor is no longer as safe as it once was. Hackers constantly attempt to breach Tor’s security. Many groups, organizations, and individuals want access to the information Tor browser is hiding and try to get that time and again.
In 2014, one group of researchers succeeded. Financed by the government, they took a closer look at Tor browser and were able to collect information from the browser for months on end.
Weaknesses in the Tor software can surface in less compromising ways, as well: in 2017, users found a leak that could easily make IP addresses of Linux and macOS users visible.
Of course, Tor didn’t sit around to watch all this happen: whenever a possible leak in the system was discovered, those leaks were patched as soon as possible.
However, in February 2021, researchers reported that about 27% of Tor’s exit nodes (shown in the infographic above) were controlled by a malicious actor tracking users’ dark web activity. So it’s important to note that Tor is not completely safe and anonymous, and does have some inherent risks."

Complete article:

yea, you can run VM on your host with VPN and proxychains with tor on the VM, but at that point the VPN is redundant since tor is already anonymizing ur traffic.
This post is by a banned member (Creaccyou) - Unhide
Creaccyou  
Supreme
Threads
2 Years of service

Complete article:

No problem. And always keep in mind: youre playing with your freedom.
So dont save money on the wrong end Smart

(30 July, 2022 - 10:47 PM)yossarian1 Wrote: Show More

yea, you can run VM on your host with VPN and proxychains with tor on the VM, but at that point the VPN is redundant since tor is already anonymizing ur traffic.

But not enough.
Just think about that 27% of all TOR-Nodes are runned by ONE single unkown authority.
There are plenty of cases where Darknet-User have been busted even through TOR, but there
are no known cases of a person being busted cause of Perfect-Privacy Logs for instance.
The opposite is true, there have been cases where authorities have seized their servers in the netherlands but could
NOT proceed further as there was no usable data on them.
This post is by a banned member (UberFuck) - Unhide
UberFuck  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
(30 July, 2022 - 08:45 PM)Creaccyou Wrote: Show More
My suggestion would be:

VPN1 on encrypted MainSystem (VeraCrypt) -> Virtual Machine with VPN2 -> VPS with Sock5|Whatever you need

As for VPN suggestions I would go with PerfectPrivacy and MullVlad VPN but ofcourse
that is up to you. Just inform you about the VPNs you want to use (have they own or rented server? Are they using HDD or RAM Server (dont know how that is called exactly in english)? Where are they located?

Also if you dont mind about connection speed you could use Whonix as VM and or implement TOR.
 This ↑↑↑

This is referred to as a double-vpn (VPN1 on main system + VPN2 on VM).  Best if you use two separate VPN providers and cross national borders with your connection.  Then on your VPS use proxies so it's IP doesn't get blacklisted.