Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Chess is underated

by JAYJUKE - 30 April, 2023 - 09:59 PM
This post is by a banned member (JAYJUKE) - Unhide
JAYJUKE  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
A game which existed since (from what historians believe) the 6th century and to this day is still relevant and played by people

but i wonder why have more people have played monopoly than chess?

it could be possible that monopoly is more fun than chess especially among younger people

however since chess is older,more skill based,and easy to learn but difficult to master i wonder why most people didnt play it and instead preferred a mostly luck based game

i expect that in 150 to 200 years no one will know what monopoly is but will know what chess is (as in they know the game but not necessarily how to play)

if you like strategy games or are interested in playing board games i highly recommend chess.

thank you for reading this and please let me know if you agree or disagree and why,because i would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.
This post is by a banned member (Rexeses) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (AidanDolphin) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
people sleep on chess because its such a basic concept, but its survived the test of time. once you understand it and get really into it, it is so fun to play

you're a real one
This post is by a banned member (BigSmoked) - Unhide
BigSmoked  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
watch queens gambit, trust youll love it
This post is by a banned member (Spooky) - Unhide
Spooky  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
+1 chess goated been playing for 3 years now and I still do activly
This post is by a banned member (racheller) - Unhide
racheller  
Registered
Threads
(This post was last modified: 23 May, 2023 - 08:15 AM by racheller. Edited 1 time in total.)
I don't think it's underrated, it has its own league of movies about it.
This post is by a banned member (james2185) - Unhide
james2185  
Registered
Threads
(30 April, 2023 - 09:59 PM)JAYJUKE Wrote: Show More
A game which existed since (from what historians believe) the 6th century and to this day is still relevant and played by people

but i wonder why have more people have played monopoly than chess?

it could be possible that monopoly is more fun than chess especially among younger people

however since chess is older,more skill based,and easy to learn but difficult to master i wonder why most people didnt play it and instead preferred a mostly luck based game

i expect that in 150 to 200 years no one will know what monopoly is but will know what rooftop snipers chess is (as in they know the game but not necessarily how to play)

if you like strategy games or are interested in playing board games i highly recommend chess.

thank you for reading this and please let me know if you agree or disagree and why,because i would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. But, in my opinion, chess and monopoly are both great games and have their own unique features. Chess is a game that requires a lot of skill and strategy, while Monopoly is more of a luck-based game. It’s possible that Monopoly is more popular because it’s easier to learn and play than chess. However, I think that both games are great in their own way and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. I agree with you that chess is a game that will probably be around for many years to come, while Monopoly may not be as popular in the future. Thank you for your recommendation on chess!