Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Disney Live Action Remakes

by TheDarkPenguin - 16 November, 2020 - 10:01 AM
This post is by a banned member (TheDarkPenguin) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 16 November, 2020 - 10:02 AM by TheDarkPenguin.)
What are your thoughts on the Disney Live-Action remakes? Seems like a cash grab by Disney to be honest and the quality doesn't seem to be quite there....

The Lion King - Can animals really show emotion? This movie missed the memo on animating the animals in the movie. Personally, I think the animation and CGI could have been A LOT better for a $100 million dollar plus film. I really enjoyed the classic film but couldn't get through the live action. 

Mulan - I haven't watched and probably won't watch. However, I've heard from several reviews this was basically a westernized version of 'Chinese culture' in the film which was not taken very well in the controversies surrounding the film. With a whitewashed story, filming where there are concentration camps for Muslims are in China, and the lead actress supporting police brutality, it was only inevitable it ended up on the Disney+ platform without a theatrical release. Finally, no music. 

There are a bunch of others in development such as 101 Dalmatians (Cruella), The Little Mermaid, Pinnochio, Peter Pan, etc. However, with the Money Mouse continually becoming a monopoly in the entertainment business, it's unclear how far Disney will go with the quality of these films.
This post is by a banned member (TheDarkPenguin) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
This is a bump
This post is by a banned member (rogueranger) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
I don't think those remakes are terrible if taken on their own, they're only bad when you compare them to the source (which you probably saw as a more impressionable youngster). Disney's a company and they'll take any chance they can to make money, but at least they make an effort to put out a decent product. Same thing with how they're handling the Star Wars franchise - solid entertainment, but not really great.