Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Does anybody see the dollar crashing ??

by foreveryours - 21 September, 2020 - 10:05 PM
This post is by a banned member (foreveryours) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
One of my friends in the finance industry told me the dollar will be crashing soon and should convert money to gold ... whta are your guys thoughts on that
This post is by a banned member (MariJane) - Unhide
MariJane  
Infinity
Threads
5 Years of service
The dollar won't be crashing, they gave you terrible advice. And while gold is consistently stable, it's not worth your time. However, he may have been referring to the Dollar Inflation Rate, which has gone up 19.2% since 2010. In the long term, letting your money sit in a savings account will lose you money, since the average interest is 0.06%, less than the 1.3% inflation rate. If you want my advice, your money is safest in an S&P 500 index fund, which has an average gain of 16.5% yearly (The average yearly gain for a hedge fund is 13.6% Article). It is also worth looking at promising stocks that offer strong dividends, my suggestion is Hercules Capital (NYSE:HTGC), which yields an annual dividend of 11.26%. You may also find REITs, Real Estate Investment Trusts, to be of interest, as some of the more bullish trusts can offer dividends of up to 40%.
Cheers