Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

IP Address Lookup - How?

by ennygma - 14 November, 2022 - 07:36 PM
This post is by a banned member (ennygma) - Unhide
ennygma  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
Hey!

So I was always wondering how can hackers see your exact location with knowing your IP Address, and why is it so important to use VPN?

For example when I lookup my own IP Address on geolocation sites or something similar it is not even close..
This post is by a banned member (CDSG) - Unhide
CDSG  
Contributor
Threads
3 Years of service
Your IP addres redirects to the closest company of your internet.

Example: I live on USA and my IP addres its: "11.11.11"
The closest company its on Ohio and i'm on Texas, the lookup will show Ohio instead of Texas or my house

The Virtual Private Network is mostly used to get more "security", if somebody have your IP, maybe he can do a DDOs attack to your company and down your internet for some minutes Shrug

(VPN for privacy too)
[Image: U6MX2AY.gif]
@_Dvl

[Image: 3KRc17x.gif]
This post is by a banned member (SANTA) - Unhide
SANTA  
Heaven
Threads
6 Years of service
(14 November, 2022 - 07:39 PM)CDSG Wrote: Show More
Your IP addres redirects to the closest company of your internet.

Example: I live on USA and my IP addres its: "11.11.11"
The closest company its on Ohio and i'm on Texas, the lookup will show Ohio instead of Texas or my house

The Virtual Private Network is mostly used to get more "security", if somebody have your IP, maybe he can do a DDOs attack to your company and down your internet for some minutes Shrug

(VPN for privacy too)
thats a good reply
[Image: z4nupn.webp][Image: 2c4mrd.webp]
[Image: t7exyf.webp]
This post is by a banned member (Mothra42) - Unhide
Mothra42  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
If you go to IPLeak.net you'll see all kinds of info about your IP address.  I agree about using a VPN for privacy.  But be aware that not all VPNs will mask everything.  On some VPNs, you might still see your actual IP address leaking out somewhere if you turn on the VPN and then check it on IP Leak.  You'd be surprised how many leak something.

For me personally, I find Windscribe very reliable.  If you're on a real budget, VPN Unlimited is surprisingly good and if you get it on Stacksocial, it's cheap.  You can get VPN Unlimited free for seven days and you don't have to give any payment info at all.  See it for yourself.

VPNs are also great for unlocking goebloacked content.