Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Investing

by xxsilentroxx - 26 April, 2019 - 07:09 PM
This post is by a banned member (xxsilentroxx) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
Can someone help me with investing for long term? Is there any good programs/apps out right now? I would love to hear your stories! (either good or bad) I want to learn!
This post is by a banned member (textverified) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 26 April, 2019 - 07:57 PM by textverified.)
(26 April, 2019 - 07:09 PM)xxsilentroxx Wrote: Show More
Can someone help me with investing for long term? Is there any good programs/apps out right now? I would love to hear your stories! (either good or bad) I want to learn!

You can earn ~7% inflation adjusted YoY returns averaged over say..20-30 years by investing in an indexed mutual fund or ETF.

I'm one of the "success" stories. Started in 2009, and kept pumping extra money into FSKAX, VTMGX, BND, VTI, VEA,VWO. 10 years later, my cost basis is about 1.5m, and my appreciation/returns are about 470k.
Threads
5 Years of service
Thank you so much for sharing your story! But I am just getting into investing. I know I need to read more books and gain more experience. How can do I know I am investing into the right stocks? Is there a good website or any other tools that I can get a good return in?
This post is by a banned member (textverified) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 28 April, 2019 - 08:23 PM by textverified.)
(28 April, 2019 - 04:50 AM)xxsilentroxx Wrote: Show More
Thank you so much for sharing your story! But I am just getting into investing.  I know I need to read more books and gain more experience. How can do I know I am investing into the right stocks? Is there a good website or any other tools that I can get a good return in?

Diversification is the standard strategy for people focusing on financial independence. You buy broad index funds (as I mentioned in my previous post) which lets you own a fraction of thousands of companies so that if one stock tanks, you don't lose 50% of your portfolio. You're counting on the market to continue the upward trend it has maintained over the last 100 years of about 7% returns averaged over a 20-30 year time period.

If you're really interested, it comes down to your savings rate vs your spending rate. Just keep investing whatever you save into index funds and 20 years later you're investments will probably have grown by 3-4x, assuming you don't continue investing. You'll have even greater returns if you do keep investing. Basic compounding interest principle.
Threads
5 Years of service
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help!
This post is by a banned member (shutterisland23) - Unhide
Threads
5 Years of service
(26 April, 2019 - 07:54 PM)textverified Wrote: Show More
(26 April, 2019 - 07:09 PM)xxsilentroxx Wrote: Show More

You can earn ~7% inflation adjusted YoY returns averaged over say..20-30 years by investing in an indexed mutual fund or ETF.

I'm one of the "success" stories. Started in 2009, and kept pumping extra money into FSKAX, VTMGX, BND, VTI, VEA,VWO. 10 years later, my cost basis is about 1.5m, and my appreciation/returns are about 470k.

it's very unlikely the next 20-30 years will bring 7% returns when adjusted for inflation, especially at the current valuations. also, your obviously not made up numbers and returns make no sense but alright lol
This post is by a banned member (HBST) - Unhide
HBST  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Buy BTC and hold on to it
Discord: HBST#2926

[Image: NQupoxX.gif][Image: dTmhFFy.gif]
This post is by a banned member (slice) - Unhide
slice  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
Invest in mutual funds.
A community of entrepreneurs, startup founders, ecommerce managers and marketing professionals collaborating for growth.

Join discord server: https://discord.gg/ngcu5j2qSK