Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Is going into therapy really worth it?

by TatoCr6 - 06 November, 2020 - 11:03 AM
This post is by a banned member (TatoCr6) - Unhide
TatoCr6  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Hey guys, it's my first post here and I really need some advice; I'm 21 y/o and basically I'm falling apart XD
I just feel that I'm not enough to anything, i'm not studying and my workplace is just depressing but can't find anything good as it.
I've been saving for repairing my grandpa's car but if need I could go to therapy with that money.

So, what do you think?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, I'm a little rusty hahaha

-T
This post is by a banned member (pablojuanescobar) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (CZCZ) - Unhide
CZCZ  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
shit well i mean, from my small ass brain i can only tell you that they just tell you what you already know boss, and unless you want to pay for nothing, dont go to it. try resolve your problems one by one. Whatever might be causing your struggle, try face it if possible, try make things right. Try exercise, it clears your thoughts and gives you a more positive outlook + the results
This post is by a banned member (cxcx) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (aerodynamik) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
I would say it depends. Evaluate yourself. Is this a low point? Or is it depression that requires therapy? That is my opinion. It is normal to have moments when you are feeling down due to things not working out.
This post is by a banned member (xSpooky) - Unhide
xSpooky  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Just pull yourself together, find a job and push yourself to the end.
This post is by a banned member (glacierboy) - Unhide
Threads
3 Years of service
I depends, most of the things you listed sounds like you are just having a rough patch in your life. But, if there is some deep trauma and depressive thoughts then I would say 100% go seek some help it will better you alot. I hope everything works out for you man
This post is by a banned member (Tarrasque) - Unhide
Tarrasque  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Therapy is 100% worth it.

Right now I am doing therapy for nearly the same reasons you are considering it, only I have a wife an kids to look after. I find that having a person to speak to and act as a sounding board is excellent.
czcz may be right that they will tell you what you already know, but that is not the reason for going. We all know what we need to do to get our shit together, and get back on track with our goals. The issue is that we are stuck someplace emotionally or mentally that is keeping us from making the progress we want. czcz thinks you should face whatever is causing your struggle, but many times we are not sure what the root of the struggle is, and when we try to go it alone we constantly run in circles, or try to fix something that does not need fixing. Trying to make something right will not help if you do not have an idea of what right is. In speaking with a good counselor or therapist you can form an understanding what what is actually holding you back, and address those issues directly. You may find that work is not as depressing once you have started working on underlying issues.
aerodynamik seems to think that therapy is reserved for those that are in clinical depression. I can tell you from my own experience if I had started my therapy a few years earlier I could have avoided clinical depression, and I likely would have been in a better place to help my daughter's self harm.

I am with pablojuanescobar, find a good therapist. I does not really have to be a therapist, a counselor would likely be a great starting point. And I have to agree with a GOOD one. Alot of people do not know that you can refuse to work with a therapist if you do not think that they are a good match for your. My first two or three visits this past time were about finding out if we were a good match for each other. Turns our we were. I was not a good match for a previous therapist, and I told her so. She just said ok, and helped me find someone that was better.

There is no shame in seeking to be healthier. If you broke a bone you would go to a doctor. If the tranny went out on your car you would go to a mechanic. If you are having doubts about the quality of your life, you go to a therapist. 

Please let us know how it goes. I am interested in hearing what you decide, and helping how I can.