Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

More websockets usage (get notifications without needing to reload)

by randomuser123456789 - 08 April, 2020 - 08:38 PM
This post is by a banned member (randomuser123456789) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 08 April, 2020 - 10:38 PM by randomuser123456789.)
Hi folks,

Short description:
I would like there to be more things that are automatically updated without the requirement to refresh the page. This means that while you're for example talking in the shout box, you will receive notifications live while talking without needing to refresh the page.

Advanced description:
I think we should have the ability/option to use the websockets more, especially for upgraded members. Websockets basically updates stuff on a page without you needing to reload the page. For example, when someone posts a new thread, after a few seconds, that will automatically pop up in the side bar under "Recent Threads" on the home page. What I would like to see is the ability to enable websockets for notifcations and/or private messages. So, instead of needing to reload the page, the notification bell will automatically update itself. I've seen a lot of forums, for example mc-market do this and personally I like it. I at least think it would be a nice (optional) addition for upgraded members, as I just like to not reload my page to see my new notifications (also because sometimes it takes some time).

As I am a web developer myself, I know it can be a hell to do websockets. That's also why I am willing to help the developer of this forum (on a sandbox site) if that's requested or required.

This post is by a banned member (Icy) - Unhide
Icy  
Supreme
Threads
5 Years of service
Me totally agree best idea ever :D

This post is by a banned member (King) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Raphtalia) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Krollie) - Unhide
Krollie  
Boss of Bosses
Threads
5 Years of service
1000000000000000% agreed with this great man.
I have a partnership with IProyal, contact me if you want to purchase iproyal proxies for 1$/GB :D
This post is by a banned member (Wage) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Barry) - Unhide
Barry  
Staff
Threads
Staff Team
4 Years of service
yes fully agreed ! we need this
[Image: v6F3tGP.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it

[Image: itOX2Dq.gif]
Paid Ad , I dont own it