Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

PC Builds

by SnowBiz - 28 July, 2021 - 04:54 AM
This post is by a banned member (SnowBiz) - Unhide
SnowBiz  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
Hey Cracked.to,

I've been debating upgrading and getting a whole new pc rig for either gaming or all-around performance. I'm far from an expert on the topic so I figured if anyone here has any good build/part suggestions I could use the advice. What I'm going for with this is likely a mid-tier gaming pc (I don't need top of the line, don't play anything too crazy) that can run newer games smoothly. Any suggestions would be helpful even if they're no directly related to what I'm looking for.
This post is by a banned member (SugarDada) - Unhide
SugarDada  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(28 July, 2021 - 04:54 AM)SnowBiz Wrote: Show More
Hey Cracked.to,

I've been debating upgrading and getting a whole new pc rig for either gaming or all-around performance. I'm far from an expert on the topic so I figured if anyone here has any good build/part suggestions I could use the advice. What I'm going for with this is likely a mid-tier gaming pc (I don't need top of the line, don't play anything too crazy) that can run newer games smoothly. Any suggestions would be helpful even if they're no directly related to what I'm looking for.

just go on like pc part builder and build a pc within your price range. Post the specs here and I'll tell you if it's mid tier
This post is by a banned member (AngelArt) - Unhide
AngelArt  
Supreme
Threads
3 Years of service
I've also been planning to buy a pc, but I ended up buying a laptop. Though my initial plan was to set up  a ryzen build. Ryzen 5 3600 + 1660 super + 8gb ram. I think you're good to go with that.
[Image: DzX7877.gif]
This post is by a banned member (Justin132) - Unhide
Justin132  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 28 July, 2021 - 05:20 AM by Justin132. Edited 1 time in total.)
(28 July, 2021 - 04:58 AM)AngelArt Wrote: Show More
I've also been planning to buy a pc, but I ended up buying a laptop. Though my initial plan was to set up  a ryzen build. Ryzen 5 3600 + 1660 super + 8gb ram. I think you're good to go with that.

8 gigs ram is way too low. I'd say you should go with at least 16 gigs, 32 gigs is recommended though. For laptop, 8 gigs is recommended. But for a full on gaming pc, you should go with what I recommended. 8 gigs can't even run genshin impact, let alone csgo and such.
but, if you're planning to only play roblox, you're good to go with 8 gigs.
This post is by a banned member (AngelArt) - Unhide
AngelArt  
Supreme
Threads
3 Years of service
(28 July, 2021 - 05:18 AM)Justin132 Wrote: Show More
(28 July, 2021 - 04:58 AM)AngelArt Wrote: Show More

8 gigs ram is way too low. I'd say you should go with at least 16 gigs, 32 gigs is recommended though. For laptop, 8 gigs is recommended. But for a full on gaming pc, you should go with what I recommended. 8 gigs can't even run genshin impact, let alone csgo and such.
but, if you're planning to only play roblox, you're good to go with 8 gigs.

Oh sorry I meant to type 16gb of ram XD yeah 8gb wont do much 16gb should be the minimum
[Image: DzX7877.gif]
This post is by a banned member (SnowBiz) - Unhide
SnowBiz  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
(28 July, 2021 - 04:55 AM)SugarDada Wrote: Show More
(28 July, 2021 - 04:54 AM)SnowBiz Wrote: Show More
Hey Cracked.to,

just go on like pc part builder and build a pc within your price range. Post the specs here and I'll tell you if it's mid tier

Hadn't heard of this, ill be sure to check it out. Thanks :)
This post is by a banned member (FuckApe) - Unhide
FuckApe  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 29 July, 2021 - 02:58 AM by FuckApe.)
PCPartPicker is a great resource to use since it will only allow you to put together parts that are compatible with each other. Honestly though, right now is a very expensive time to make a computer due to GPU prices. Even a tiny 2gb 1050 goes for $150-200 right now. In some cases its better to just buy a prebuilt. Also from what someone said earlier, 16gb is heavily recommended over 8, while 32 would likely be overkill. If all you're doing is gaming, youtube, twitch, etc, and nothing crazy work intensive like video editing, 16gb should be perfect. Best of luck!
This post is by a banned member (CappEd) - Unhide
CappEd  
Registered
Threads
3 Years of service
maybe im late but i think this will work man:
1660 super+   Ryzen 5 3600 +  16gb ram.