Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Poll: Everyone gonna die?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The president of my country don't want to make quarantine!

by Alemanha - 28 March, 2020 - 05:46 PM
This post is by a banned member (anonref) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (big_pussy) - Unhide
big_pussy  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I heard his speech today about himself saying that because he was an athlete in the past he won't be affected by corona. Besides that he said that brasilians are tough by nature and therefore the virus won't affect them as well. Well, I'm sure that spanish people or italian people are not less strong than brasilians and look at what happened to them. And the americans? Just because Trump prefers economy to people's health the numbers are rising. The news were saying that Brasil will be next in terms of increase in number of infected people. Stay safe and wash your hands!
This post is by a banned member (panaceum) - Unhide
panaceum  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
The way your president is saying is stupid BUT do not panic. Because the virus is quite novel, we don't really know what is 100% working and what is 100% - e.g. closing schools has been shown to provide little effect. Have a look at Sweden now. The whole of Europe is in quarantine but Sweden is relatively open (bars etc.). It doesn't mean they are right or wrong. 

Ideally, complete lockdown, intensive testing and contact tracing should be the solution. But, think about the economic cost, especially for a country like Brasil. 

Bottom line is, relax, be mindful of your habits (hand-washing, covering your mouth, not touching your mouth etc.), avoid overly crowded places and keep some distance (ideally 2m) from others.
This post is by a banned member (qwerty9696) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Stay safe.  Unfortunately people will die, but those most affected are the older people and people with medical conditions already.  Try to take precautions like the other posters have said and wash hands, cough/sneeze into arm/elbow/tissue.  Keep 2 meters away from others and limit your contact with huge groups.  Stay away from the older people there as they are more likely to die from it.  Take care of your parents/grandparents and make sure they stay home as much as possible.

If you have the means, get some food/non perishables so that you can stay home as much as possible without having to go to the store in case there is a lockdown later.
This post is by a banned member (KnivY) - Unhide
KnivY  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
your president is retarded lmao XD
yeh shit will happen mate always have a mask
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...662e676966]

This post is by a banned member (rahxen) - Unhide
rahxen  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
Mexico and Brazil presidents are hesitant to prevent the COVID-19 spread, I don't know if they are skeptical or they are just a pair of morons who doesn't care the people and their countries' economy. Be sure that you and your closed ones have the minimum safety precautions. Be safe!
This post is by a banned member (xxPerttixx) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
It really is a shame that Brazil has such a shitty leader. Though maybe if they handle the corona situation really badly, there's going to be a change in leadership.
This post is by a banned member (MovistarSucks) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(28 March, 2020 - 05:46 PM)Alemanha Wrote: Show More
The president of my country (Brazil) don't want to make quarantine, going against the WHO (World Health Organisation)

The president say: "Brasil não para" tradution: "Brazil don't stop" like the Milan City who 30 days ago didn't have any death because covid-19 and now, after the community start the project: "Milano NON si ferma" - "Milan don't stop", the city have more than 5.000 deaths...

What do you think gonna happen with my country?
Idk, tbh i think its fine, here in argentina quarentine started, and people like me who gotta work to eat are starving.
my unique source of food is doing illegal shit on the internet, i would prefer a few dead than everyone dead.