Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

When did gpu bottlenecking become a mainstream thing? Why?

by m1inny - 14 March, 2024 - 10:08 AM
This post is by a banned member (m1inny) - Unhide
m1inny  
Registered
Threads
Cpu bottlenecking.

Building pcs for 30 yeare. My prior system was an I7 4790k. 2014, dont remember if 1440 was a thing, we all played 1080 or eyefinity.

It was always about having enough gpu. In fact, sli and crossfire were a real thing. No one said "dude you have an I5, youre losing frames". We just needed to hit 60fps, with occasional drops to 40fps in some complex areas, and maybe 90fps, with dips to 60 in shooters.

Is this something that is linked to really fast monitors used in competitive shooters? Because imo, as soon as youre running 4k, you are gpu bound again, and cpu matters very little. Most people would do better to upgrade gpu, even with older pc.
This post is by a banned member (p000ntiac) - Unhide
p000ntiac  
Supreme
Threads
cpu is legit slept on, especially if u play cpu based games
This post is by a banned member (m1inny) - Unhide
m1inny  
Registered
Threads
(14 March, 2024 - 10:08 AM)m1inny Wrote: Show More
Cpu bottlenecking.

Building pcs for 30 yeare. My prior system was an I7 4790k. 2014, dont remember if 1440 was a thing, we all played 1080 or eyefinity.

It was always about having enough gpu. In fact, sli and crossfire were a real thing. No one said "dude you have an I5, youre losing frames". We just needed to hit 60fps, with occasional drops to 40fps in some complex areas, and maybe 90fps, with dips to 60 in shooters.
<!--td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->omegle xender   
Is this something that is linked to really fast monitors used in competitive shooters? Because imo, as soon as youre running 4k, you are gpu bound again, and cpu matters very little. Most people would do better to upgrade gpu, even with older pc.

I got this,..