Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Which strategy game for an absolute beginner to the genre?

by southearn - 23 August, 2023 - 08:16 PM
This post is by a banned member (southearn) - Unhide
southearn  
Registered
Threads
I've been looking at gameplay of Civ 6 and Crusader Kings 3 recently as I felt like trying out a strategy game for the first time ever. I've been gaming for over 25 years but have never stepped foot into the turn based strategy genre.
My issue has been when watching gameplay videos, it all seems unbelievably complicated. The UI is filled with so many different buttons and the game itself can have so many different consequences based on what I choose to do each turn. I usually end up watching gameplay vids and then just decide to not bother with the game as it seems overly complex and just puts me off.
I really want to try one out though, but I'm just weary about how I'm gonna manage to play it. This is coming from someone who's played pretty much every souls-like out there, but the sense of dread I'm getting from these games is 100x worse than trying out a souls-like game haha.
Is there any you guys could suggest for someone like me who's absolutely new to the strategy genre? Out of the two mentioned above, which is easier, and do these games have a decent tutorial to get used to all the mechanics?
This post is by a banned member (grandmkkdevv) - Unhide
Threads
i began with eu4