Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

cracked.io | Best Forum Around | Free Premium Accounts

Help with anxiety

by typicalvirgin - 23 November, 2021 - 10:39 PM
This post is by a banned member (pfp) - Unhide
pfp  
Godlike
Threads
3 Years of service
(23 November, 2021 - 10:39 PM)typicalvirgin Wrote: Show More
Hi,

If anybody has any tips to help with anxiety I could really use the help rn. Struggling a little with it and depression but surviving. Just looking for some ways to make life a little easier/better.

cheers  PepeGlad

Find some MindFulless Website like headspace and practice it,it will let u relax  PepeCaught
[Image: Comp-1.gif]
This post is by a banned member (typicalvirgin) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
(24 November, 2021 - 02:05 PM)lamlucius8 Wrote: Show More
Hi,

If anybody has any tips to help with anxiety I could really use the help rn. Struggling a little with it and depression but surviving. Just looking for some ways to make life a little easier/better.

cheers  PepeGlad

Find some MindFulless Website like headspace and practice it,it will let u relax  PepeCaught

Thank you, I will do :)
This post is by a banned member (knilje) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (charlesmox1) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
Meditation and breathing are faithful helpers in overcoming psychological instability. A Johns Hopkins University study examined the relationship between meditation practice and reductions in symptoms of depression and anxiety. Do meditation every day and you will see results, the main thing is to practice constantly, it helped me in my time
This post is by a banned member (MintTea) - Unhide
MintTea  
Registered
Threads
2 Years of service
Some amazing coping skills that help me:
Really cold showers / really hot showers
Fidgets (stress balls, fidget spinners, etc)
Deep breathing exercises

Make sure you dedicate a lot of effort to taking care of yourself, even if it's hard. Keeping yourself and your room clean, staying busy, etc are all super important goals to maintain. 
Hi,

cheers  PepeGlad
This post is by a banned member (Ominscient) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (ASTROALIEN) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
I used to have it really bad then i went on 100mg of zoloft which helped big time..
This post is by a banned member (typicalvirgin) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 27 November, 2021 - 06:04 AM by typicalvirgin.)
(27 November, 2021 - 04:58 AM)ASTROALIEN Wrote: Show More
I used to have it really bad then i went on 100mg of zoloft which helped big time..

I'll see if I can go down this route, unsure if I'll be able to but I will give it a go  :pepo: :pepo: :pepo:

(27 November, 2021 - 04:04 AM)Ominscient Wrote: Show More
Meditation and exercise have always supported me.

Thank you, I have been trying to use exercise to help but so far it hasn't been helping as much as I have wanted  PepeGlad PepeGlad PepeGlad

(27 November, 2021 - 01:11 AM)MintTea Wrote: Show More
Some amazing coping skills that help me:
Really cold showers / really hot showers
Fidgets (stress balls, fidget spinners, etc)
Deep breathing exercises

Make sure you dedicate a lot of effort to taking care of yourself, even if it's hard. Keeping yourself and your room clean, staying busy, etc are all super important goals to maintain. 
Hi,

cheers  PepeGlad

Fidget things help with my adhd so I have them constantly, need to try the extreme with showers and the deep breathing exercises. Unfortunately the keeping the room clean will pose an issue as I'm THE MESSIEST person EVER but I am trying to take care of myself    PepeBlush PepeBlush PepeBlush

(26 November, 2021 - 03:52 AM)knilje Wrote: Show More
I can believe that those moments must feel frustrating, exhausting, and terrifying all at the same time, my friend!

From what I have been taught, some good techniques that have helped me whenever I feel like I am starting to spiral is the 5,4,3,2,1 trick - say outloud  five things you hear, then four things you see, then three things you can touch from where you’re sitting and touch them, two things you can smell, and one thing you can taste.

When feeling like your brain is running into hyperdrive, it makes it much easier to slow it down when you integrate your sensory systems!

Quote:I've found one of my triggers is when I'm on a night out so I guess loud music, crowded atmosphere... y'know, shit like that but I also seem to have panic attacks randomly. Like I can just be sat at home watching tv and then BOOM! Out of nowhere a random feeling of not being able to breathe, feeling like I'm going to die and having to be calmed down by my ever loving other half

I do the 54321 method quite a lot, it seems to be a huge help so far and is the only thing I've found that calms me down to the point that I can escape the situation. Thank you for the help and for understanding, it means a lot  DancingClown DancingClown DancingClown