Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Can't request award

by aax - 01 March, 2021 - 09:12 PM
This post is by a banned member (aax) - Unhide
aax  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
@J_S I have never requested Gold Coin award (the one I have is purchased). I cannot request it now when I reached 40 vouches.
[Image: signature.gif]
intelfetch.net
[Image: 00f6ee-2.png]
This post is by a banned member (J_S) - Unhide
J_S  
Premium Member
Threads
5 Years of service
You can't have it twice. If you had it before (via purchase) you can't request it again.
This post is by a banned member (aax) - Unhide
aax  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 02 March, 2021 - 11:58 AM by aax.)
(02 March, 2021 - 01:30 AM)J_S Wrote: Show More
You can't have it twice. If you had it before (via purchase) you can't request it again.

I would've not purchased it if I knew I can't get it by obtaining 40 vouches. This only became an issue when you fixed people being able to request award more than once (the bug I reported). I believe fixing it broke this, and perhaps back in time the same thing happened.

It just doesn't make sense to not be able to obtain an award because you purchased another one of the same kind..If I requested it first it wouldn't stop me from buying a second one later on. It is an "award' that is supposed to be given for achieving something. It just interacts badly with the awards marketplace, but clearly a bug :/

I guess you have some code that checks if a user has the award, and if yes you don't let them ask for it. If you remove that code, then people will be able to request and award more than once. It all boils down to not having the ability to check if an award has been obtained once by requesting.
[Image: signature.gif]
intelfetch.net
[Image: 00f6ee-2.png]