Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Change the lifetime of a cookie

by charly555 - 13 June, 2024 - 05:10 PM
This post is by a banned member (charly555) - Unhide
charly555  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the lifespan of a cookie that is on my browser
Its lifespan is 30 minutes and I would like this cookie to last 10 hours

Is this technically possible and how can I do it?

Thank you
This post is by a banned member (UberFuck) - Unhide
UberFuck  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
You can edit a cookie used by your browser, but it doesn't mean the altered cookie will work with the site. Most of the time, things like session id's and their expiry date/time are kept and validated server side.

Easiest way to change the values is w/ a browser plugin like Cookie-Editor or EditThisCookie.
This post is by a banned member (charly555) - Unhide
charly555  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
(13 June, 2024 - 05:10 PM)charly555 Wrote: Show More
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the lifespan of a cookie that is on my browser
Its lifespan is 30 minutes and I would like this cookie to last 10 hours

Is this technically possible and how can I do it?

Thank you

I tried cookie editor but I don't know if it works
Is there a way to check if the changes worked ?
For example if I change the language "to GB", nothing changes on the website page. And if I refresh the page, it automatically puts me back to the initial language
UberFuck  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
(14 June, 2024 - 04:17 PM)charly555 Wrote: Show More
For example if I change the language "to GB", nothing changes on the website page. And if I refresh the page, it automatically puts me back to the initial language

Dude, we don't even know what website you are referring to. The cookie could be getting set on page load. "GB" might not be a valid language code on the site. Could be who the fuck knows.

The Netflix home page reads off a locale cookie. If you change that to another language, then manually go to netflix.com it should load the language you specified in the cookie. Valid languages codes are "fr-FR", "fr-CA", "en-GB", "en-US", "de-DE", etc.
This post is by a banned member (TopliJastuk) - Unhide
Threads
1 Year of service
(14 June, 2024 - 05:25 PM)UberFuck Wrote: Show More

Dude, we don't even know what website you are referring to. The cookie could be getting set on page load. "GB" might not be a valid language code on the site. Could be who the fuck knows.

The Netflix home page reads off a locale cookie. If you change that to another language, then manually go to netflix.com it should load the language you specified in the cookie. Valid languages codes are "fr-FR", "fr-CA", "en-GB", "en-US", "de-DE", etc.

Thanks
Affordable Account Upgrades
https://topli.mysellix.io/
[Image: mugkZmo.gif]
UberFuck  
Godlike
Threads
4 Years of service
(15 June, 2024 - 02:13 AM)TopliJastuk Wrote: Show More
(14 June, 2024 - 05:25 PM)UberFuck Wrote: Show More

Thanks

[Image: dead.png]
@TopliJastuk [Image: kiss.gif]