Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

How can I stop tinnitus?

by Jack004u - 05 October, 2023 - 10:17 PM
This post is by a banned member (Jack004u) - Unhide
Jack004u  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I get a buzzing sound in my left ear and is their a way to stop it?
I need a knockout kick
This post is by a banned member (Space) - Unhide
Space  
Heaven
Threads
2 Years of service
since when do u have it
[Image: 23Hat0c.gif]   STILL BROKE? [Image: 87v6l1j.gif]
START MAKING MONEY WITH MY MENTORSHIP

[Image: lC9QE2e.gif]
This post is by a banned member (Jack004u) - Unhide
Jack004u  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(05 October, 2023 - 10:17 PM)Space Wrote: Show More
since when do u have it

about a few months
I need a knockout kick
This post is by a banned member (drugsnhookrs) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (pyro8367) - Unhide
pyro8367  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
It could be a number of issues causing you to hear a buzzing sound, so it's probably best to go see a doctor to see if they can help you.
This post is by a banned member (Mothra42) - Unhide
Mothra42  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I had it and this is what I did -- rather than get annoyed (even though it's really annoying) I decided just to listen to it and I accepted that it was there and once I did that, it went away after around a week.  I'm not kidding.

This post is by a banned member (biggame5) - Unhide
biggame5  
Registered
Threads
What treatments can help tinnitus?

When tinnitus has an underlying physiological cause, such as earwax or jaw joint problems, addressing the cause can eliminate or greatly reduce symptoms. But for many people, symptoms can persist for months or even years. There are several ways to lessen the impact of tinnitus. Below are some of the treatments that your doctor may recommend.
  • Sound therapies. Sound therapies are based partly on the view that tinnitus stems from changes in neural circuits in the brain brought on by hearing loss. Some evidence suggests that exposure to sound can reverse some of these neural changes and help silence tinnitus. Sound therapy may also work by masking the tinnitus sounds, helping you grow accustomed to them, or distracting you.Several types of devices are used in sound therapy. They include the following:
    • Tabletop or smartphone sound generators are typically used as an aid for relaxation or sleep. Placed near your bed, you can program a generator or set a smartphone app to play pleasant sounds such as waves, waterfalls, rain, or the sounds of a summer night. You may also use other sound generators, such as a radio or a household fan. If your tinnitus is mild, this might be all that you need to help you fall asleep.
    • Hearing aids are one of the main treatment options for people with tinnitus who have hearing loss. They amplify external noises, allowing you to better engage with the world, while also making your tinnitus less noticeable.
    • Wearable sound generators are small electronic devices that fit in the ear much like hearing aids and emit soft, pleasant sounds. Because they are portable, these devices can provide continuous relief from tinnitus throughout the day. Smartphone apps may also be used to generate these sounds.
    • Combination devices, which fit into the ear like hearing aids, provide sound amplification and sound generation in one device. These devices are another option for treating tinnitus in people with hearing loss.
  • Behavioral therapy. Counseling can improve your well-being by helping you reduce the impact of tinnitus on your life.
    • Education about tinnitus can reduce anxiety by helping you recognize that the condition, in most cases, is unlikely to be linked to a serious medical condition. Through counseling, you can learn coping techniques and strategies to avoid making symptoms worse, such as by limiting your exposure to loud noise.
    • Cognitive behavioral therapy teaches you how to identify negative thoughts that cause you distress. Your counselor will train you to change your response to negative thoughts and to focus on positive changes you can make to reduce the impact of tinnitus on your life. Studies have shown that this type of therapy can help improve the well-being of people with the condition.
    • Tinnitus retraining therapy uses counseling and sound therapy to “retrain” the brain, both emotionally and physiologically, so that you no longer notice your tinnitus. The counseling aspect of therapy aims to help you reclassify tinnitus sounds as neutral, while the continuous low-level sound from a device worn in the ear helps you get used to the presence of tinnitus.
This post is by a banned member (Heigher) - Unhide
Heigher  
Registered
Threads
1 Year of service
I've dealt with buzzing in my left ear too. While not a cure, managing stress, using white noise at night, and limiting caffeine helped reduce my tinnitus.