Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Not sure what to do with my life lol

by dirtydees123 - 12 January, 2020 - 07:34 AM
This post is by a banned member (dirtydees123) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
Well im in UK and about to go to college, i haven't tried the past couple years, but could easily pass with A's if worked hard enough, however the course im thinking of doing is game development or something to do with the IT sector, but i only need 4 GCSE's to get in, and that means its super easy, I can literally not even turn up to school and still get it, just a bit stuck as i feel im wasting my potential, but there is no alternative that i find enjoyable, even after i get a ok job in IT, what then? save money until i die? i know theres way to get back to this point im in easily, and i know i aint respawing  Pepe

lookin for some help fellas
This post is by a banned member (Butter) - Unhide
Butter  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
You can always explore new hobbies.  If  majoring in the IT sector is boring to you. You can  always find projects to do or talk to  people to find inspiration.
https://shoppy.gg/@butter
[Image: FUOC0V.gif]
BTC Address: 39EuNQRT4xYaHZUXfpNPSxbcfhBnwEidV3
ETH Address: 0x9BBd2FCB89795B7f898058FBC090C467223F7664
This post is by a banned member (dirtydees123) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 January, 2020 - 07:37 AM)Butter Wrote: Show More
You can always explore new hobbies.  If  majoring in the IT sector is boring to you. You can  always find projects to do or talk to  people to find inspiration.

yeah your right,  the only things i find fun in life is playing games, but even that is boring sometimes, but ty for the advice  :feelsgood:
This post is by a banned member (Butter) - Unhide
Butter  
Registered
Threads
5 Years of service
(12 January, 2020 - 07:45 AM)dirtydees123 Wrote: Show More
(12 January, 2020 - 07:37 AM)Butter Wrote: Show More

yeah your right,  the only things i find fun in life is playing games, but even that is boring sometimes, but ty for the advice  :feelsgood:

I know what you  mean, i'm kinda struggling from the same problem. Not sure where i want to end up or how to even get there. just trying new things and taking my time with it.
https://shoppy.gg/@butter
[Image: FUOC0V.gif]
BTC Address: 39EuNQRT4xYaHZUXfpNPSxbcfhBnwEidV3
ETH Address: 0x9BBd2FCB89795B7f898058FBC090C467223F7664
This post is by a banned member (USJonny) - Unhide
USJonny  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
I mean in the IT field, you have the potential to make a lot of money.
Yes, of course you should save some up. The way you feel about money now, may change later on when you're older.
You might want to buy a new house, well you didn't save any up so you can't.
You may want to buy a brand new car, good thing you saved up.

There's a lot of "what if" things that could happen and it'd be smart to have some money saved.

But other than that, go enjoy yourself and go on vacations to places you've always wanted to go!
This post is by a banned member (FewzUK) - Unhide
FewzUK  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
(This post was last modified: 13 January, 2020 - 03:52 AM by FewzUK.)
I started Open university April last year doing a Computing and IT degree. I have completed and passed the first module, im happy that i did and enjoyed learning this subject to an extent and also the comfort of learning from home. I started the next module not long after feeling prepared, but i realised i needed to take a break from learning and had some things i needed to do that would effect my study time, but also to think about wether the subject was really up my street as there is a alot of computer science involved such as studying robotics ect that i feel isn't for me...I also need to decide wether i want to study something different and at least im still early in my studies so its not so bad if i do.

My point is that through personal expierence, you need to think about what you are doing and what you want to do. It is all down to you, no one else. If you plan to take a course or degree, think it through thoroughly, thinking about how it will benefit you and your career.
This post is by a banned member (Chombole2) - Unhide
Chombole2  
Registered
Threads
4 Years of service
If you find your current course unrewarding why not sign up for something like a double major?
Some times a challenge is what keeps things interesting
This post is by a banned member (willtreaty69) - Unhide
Threads
4 Years of service
How about exploring different fields? For example, if you want to go into medicine a lot of pre-medical students "shadow" physicians to learn more about the profession and see if it is a good fit for them. Maybe try finding an equivalent of "shadowing" for any professions you might be interested in. Personally, I do think the medical field has a lot to offer both in terms of job stability but also excitement depending on your personal preferences. There is usually a specialty that suits anyone. Don't be disheartened, and use this chance to really explore. The world is your oyster!