Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

Poll: Still gonna use Telegram?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes - I will use Telegram
75.00%
3 75.00%
I want to not use Telegram, but my poor ass can't afford a 99p SIM card to sign up to Signal
0%
0 0%
No - fuck Telegram <3
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PSA: Stop using Telegram.

by Dog - 12 June, 2022 - 07:33 PM
This post is by a banned member (Dog) - Unhide
Dog  
Infinity
Threads
6 Years of service
Honestly, some of you have the worst operational security known to man. But, if any of you have paid attention to recent news (which for 99.9% of you it seems not) then you'd know about this.

Telegram have recently handed over user data to the German police, as reported by German news outlet Spiegel as well as AndroidPolice. Law enforcement were given data from Telegram
related to terrorism and child abuse cases. So, big L to anyone who's committing crimes on Telegram already, right?

Here's where it gets worse.

On Telegram's own FAQ page, it states the following:
Quote:We can ensure that no single government or block of like-minded countries can intrude on people's privacy and freedom of expression. Telegram can be forced to give up data only if an issue is grave and universal enough to pass the scrutiny of several different legal systems around the world.

To this day, we have disclosed 0 bytes of user data to third parties, including governments.

I don't think the German police force are in multiple countries around the world. And, even if that was the case with the 14 eyes, it still demonstrates how data is obtainable from Telegram. Either way, Telegram have lied on their FAQ, and still are. Go check if you must. Mental Outlaw also did a very good video explaining this:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HZrpJ4OyQ]

So, alternatives you ask to this bombastic chat platform? Good question. I've been using Signal for a while, which was created by the original WhatsApp founder before they left due to disagreeing with Meta about data collection via the app. Signal have been forced to hand data over before, but all they can hand over is phone numbers and when users were last active. Why? Because they know nothing about you. Unlike Telegram, which seems to hand over more data than Signal (e.g. IP address, and potentially chat messages since their encryption is ass)

If any of you cucks still use Telegram after this post, then I will think of you as a complete fucking mule, and see myself as more superior than you. But, I'm not your dommy mommy. I can't force you to be wise. ;)
This post is by a banned member (SimLand) - Unhide
SimLand  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
Ok

This post is by a banned member (Moruq) - Unhide
Moruq  
Heaven
Threads
4 Years of service
I sell Nitro the feds don't care nice post tho thank bye
This post is by a banned member (MohammadV107) - Unhide
Threads
2 Years of service
Recently Telegram banned my channel 700+ Subs
This post is by a banned member (Sterces) - Unhide
Sterces  
Supreme
Threads
4 Years of service
(12 June, 2022 - 07:33 PM)Dog Wrote: Show More
Honestly, some of you have the worst operational security known to man. But, if any of you have paid attention to recent news (which for 99.9% of you it seems not) then you'd know about this.

Telegram have recently handed over user data to the German police, as reported by German news outlet Spiegel as well as AndroidPolice. Law enforcement were given data from Telegram
related to terrorism and child abuse cases. So, big L to anyone who's committing crimes on Telegram already, right?

Here's where it gets worse.

On Telegram's own FAQ page, it states the following:
Quote:We can ensure that no single government or block of like-minded countries can intrude on people's privacy and freedom of expression. Telegram can be forced to give up data only if an issue is grave and universal enough to pass the scrutiny of several different legal systems around the world.

To this day, we have disclosed 0 bytes of user data to third parties, including governments.

I don't think the German police force are in multiple countries around the world. And, even if that was the case with the 14 eyes, it still demonstrates how data is obtainable from Telegram. Either way, Telegram have lied on their FAQ, and still are. Go check if you must. Mental Outlaw also did a very good video explaining this:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HZrpJ4OyQ]

So, alternatives you ask to this bombastic chat platform? Good question. I've been using Signal for a while, which was created by the original WhatsApp founder before they left due to disagreeing with Meta about data collection via the app. Signal have been forced to hand data over before, but all they can hand over is phone numbers and when users were last active. Why? Because they know nothing about you. Unlike Telegram, which seems to hand over more data than Signal (e.g. IP address, and potentially chat messages since their encryption is ass)

If any of you cucks still use Telegram after this post, then I will think of you as a complete fucking mule, and see myself as more superior than you. But, I'm not your dommy mommy. I can't force you to be wise. ;)

Very nice high quality post informing people of today's news. Unfortunately, most of the people here think they have good OPSEC with American VPNS and Express VPN LOL. Many won't appreciate this kind of information or post.
This post is by a banned member (pivo) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (Mothras) - Unhide
Mothras  
Registered
Threads
2 Years of service
That's ok because i delete the conversations so the police can't find it.
ez
This post is by a banned member (Dog) - Unhide
Dog  
Infinity
Threads
6 Years of service
Reviving this thread:
1) because it's important
2) because I'm not active enough to reply promptly

(13 June, 2022 - 12:13 PM)elitepal Wrote: Show More
ask your family or friend to use their phone to call somebody, go outside with your phone, use their number to verify your telegram , 

did this with discord
This makes absolutely no difference unless if you:
1) Go far enough from where you reside
2) Do this constantly
Even if this did work, the point still stands about messages being handed over.

(14 June, 2022 - 11:12 PM)Mothras Wrote: Show More
That's ok because i delete the conversations so the police can't find it.
ez
How do you know that? Do you administer the Telegram servers?
If they're going to lie about how much of their data has been seized, then there's no way of telling whether they have your message logs.