Navigation X
ALERT
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!

I'm Turning into a Manipulator and I Don't Know How to Stop It.

by sap - 19 June, 2024 - 09:53 PM
This post is by a banned member (MrWhite1337) - Unhide
This post is by a banned member (1JaXXX5) - Unhide
1JaXXX5  
Supreme
Threads
(19 June, 2024 - 09:53 PM)sap Wrote: Show More
Hello,

I wanted to express my feelings about something I have been noticing lately. In short, I've observed that I can easily influence people to do what I want. I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative trait. Is it good or bad to have this skill? Am I doing wrong by manipulating people into doing things they didn't initially want to do?

To clarify (I don't want people to think I'm doing something inappropriate), I'll give an example. Yesterday, I was walking with a friend (Guy 1) and one of his friends (Guy 2). Guy 2 didn't like me much. We went to a bar, and Guy 2 bought a coke since it was morning. Guy 1 bought a beer, and I was about to buy one too when I realized I had left my wallet at home. Long story short, I made Guy 2 feel bad for me, and I convinced him to buy a beer for me. I know this is a trivial story and doesn't necessarily make me a "master manipulator," but this is just one of many similar incidents in the past weeks.

What is your opinion about this?

Myrddin

Bro you are just aware you are doing it, most people dont but do it anyway.
knowing you do it IS the superpower. [Image: smart.gif]
This post is by a banned member (Rosted5) - Unhide
Rosted5  
Godlike
Threads
5 Years of service
Doing it with good intention in bringing people together or convincing someone to join a cause is a good thing, essential for politics lol. But when you're doing it with bad or nefarious intention, selfish or otherwise; its obviously bad. In conclusion its a double edged sword use it with caution. You're basically persuasive, it only becomes manipulation when you're using it like a tool, unless you lie while using it which makes you a liar lol.
[Image: signature.gif]
intelfetch.net

[Image: 1tGgd19.gif]

@NOLEHR 21/10/2024
[Image: 00f6ee.png]